Nov 30 2017

WDP HITS THE GROUND WITH 25,000 m² LEASE
Cluster

Cluster member WDP is expanding its activities in Luxembourg and announces the development of a new pre-let warehouse with a surface area of 25,000 m². This new warehouse will be located in the Eurohub Sud logistics zone in Bettembourg-Dudelange (Luxembourg). On this location, WDP already owns a leased property of 26,000 m² and can offer another 50,000 m² of development potential for the future.

As announced in August 20161 , WDP became co-owner (55%) of a company in possession of a logistics warehouse of around 26,000 m² in October 2017. This transaction took place through the acquisition by WDP of 55% of the shares in the joint venture S.O.L.E.I.L. SA. The remaining 45% of the shares in this company is held by the Luxembourg State. WDP Luxembourg is renting out this existing building to Ampacet under a lease contract with a remaining duration of three years. Ampacet, a global producer of colour masterbatches for plastics uses this location for its deliveries to the EMEA region. Two new leases at the WDP Luxembourg site Today, WDP Luxembourg is kicking off construction of a new warehouse of around 25,000 m². WDP Luxembourg anticipates an investment value of 20 million euros for this project.

The project is scheduled for completion in late 2018. Retailer Auchan will occupy an area of some 20,000 m², fitted out with walk-in coolers and freezers, under a 15-year lease. Together with its logistics centre, the supermarket chain will also set up its regional 1 See the press release from 8 August 2016. 2 Based on 100% of the investment. PRESS RELEASE Thursday 16 November 2017, 07.00 am Regulated information PRESS RELEASE Thursday 16 November 2017, 07.00 am 2/3 administrative headquarters on the site. The remaining 5,000 m² will be rented out to Innovation First under a 10-year lease. Innovation first specialises in the development and production of educational robots, mass market robot toys and racks for data servers and computer components. Additional lease potential at a leading logistics site Both the existing building as well as the new project for development are located in the Eurohub Sud zone for logistics companies in Bettembourg-Dudelange, Luxembourg.

DP Luxembourg can offer an additional logistics surface area of 50,000 m² for development on this location. This zone offers an attractive development potential for logistics players, as inland terminal for Europe’s main maritime ports. This logistics zone benefits from the multimodal terminal (rail/road) for the handling of, amongst others, combined trains (for example containers, interchangeable load bodies and semi-trailers) towards the North Sea ports, the Baltic Sea ports, the southern European ports and the main European industrial centres. In addition, for the development of their service offerings, logistics players can benefit from the Mertert inland port and Luxembourg airport, one of the main cargo airports in Europe.

Thanks to support from the Luxembourg government, Luxembourg has developed in recent years towards a leading intercontinental and multimodal logistics platform in the heart of Europe. Today, Luxembourg classifies as the second most performing country in logistics as stated in the Logistics Performance Index 2016 by the World Bank. Étienne Schneider, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Economy welcomes WDP Luxembourg’s investment project: “WDP’s expansion in Luxembourg confirms the Grand Duchy’s potential as an intercontinental and multimodal logistics platform in Europe for the value-added logistics sector.” “The fact that we can already welcome two new clients, who will enjoy a modern building, underscores the logistics potential of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg,” adds Joost Uwents, CEO of WDP. 


Subscribe to our newsletter

Stay in the loop with Luxembourg’s news and events. Make sure you register to our newsletter!

Navigation