Candidates: Save the date for LEAN & GREEN 2017
Join the Kick-Off event of the third LEAN & GREEN programme
The Cluster for Logistics invites every company interested in saving money by reducing its ecological footprint to join the information meeting
at the Chamber of Commerce on March 27th, from 10:30 to 12:30.
Malik Zeniti, Director of Cluster for Logistics
Max Nilles, Director Logistics Ministry of Transport MDDI
Peter Lagey, Project Officer Flanders Logistics Cluster VIL
- Cost reductions and collaboration
- Process flow and support
Chamber of Commerce Luxembourg
7, Rue Alcide de Gasperi
Free Parking available
What is LEAN & GREEN
LEAN and GREEN is an international stimulation programme for businesses and authorities, implemented by Connekt: a Dutch non-profit network for sustainable mobility. The Cluster coordinates the international programme in Luxembourg which aims to reduce the CO2 emissions of logistics activities by at least 20 percent in 5 years. The project is possible with the cooperation of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Transport.
It aims to encourage businesses and government bodies to move to a higher level of sustainability, by taking measures that do not only yield cost savings, but reduce the burden on the environment at the same time. The LEAN and GREEN label was launched in Luxembourg on June 25th 2014. A third party audits the Sustainable Logistics Label, making sure it withstands the requirements of authenticity needed in Europe.
Download our information presentation
What's in for you:
- One programme - multiple advantages: The programme is compatible with sustainable requirements like Objectif CO2 (France) and can be a gateway to comply with existing or upcoming mandatory regulations. This programme helps you to get in line with the objectives like COP 22 and labels like Iso 14001 or EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS).
- Savings mean savings: Reducing your emissions by 20% is not only an ecological action but provides also financial benefits. By joining the movement, you automatically make your process leaner and reduce your costs.
- You can't enhance what you don't measure: The programme enables you to get an overview of your transport related processes and your ecological footprint. By following our calculation methods, you will learn how much CO2 you produce - and how you can reduce that.
- Wide recognition: The label is broadly recognized while the programme itself is now available in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Spain and Czech and Slovakia. Companies that have achieved the Lean & Green 1 Star level can also join the Europe-Wide programme. Lean & Green Europe supports the incorporation of various national sustainability programs into a European label.
- Find new solutions and collaboration possibilities: After achieving your programme and receiving the star label, the key to further excellence are collaborative projects. One star-labeled companies are capable to look together for new ways to enhance their savings even further.
- Stronger together: Instead of working out how to reduce your emissions by yourself, we provide solutions in a community approach. Next to the individual support, common workgroups bring together all the actors to learn from each other. While every company has different requirements and challenges, it is possible to find new solutions by broadening your point of view.
- Enhanced customer acquisition: You can differentiate yourself from lowcost competitors who show no concern for environmental questions by providing this genuine ecolabel to your existing and potential customers. Shippers expect sustainable services and are increasingly refraining to work with companies that have no or low standards.
- The Network always wins: The LEAN & GREEN Family spans now over 400 members. When you participate, you can access this community to find new solutions and solution providers. The label also facilitates access to other LEAN & GREEN companies and its ambassadors like Christophe Campe, Manager of CHEP Germany.
The forerunners in Luxembourg
The first four companies to win the award in May 2015 were Arthur Welter, CFL Multimodal, LuxairCargo and Post. The companies Cargolux, GN Transport, Transalliance and Offergeld took part in the second edition and received the awards in June 2016.
Join us by registering via the form below!
Subscribe to this event: Candidates: Save the date for LEAN & GREEN 2017
Not yet a member?
Join us and get access to more information on logistics and events reserved for our members.
for questions call (+352) 42 39 39-849